- I am a huge Doctor Who fan *I have the tattoo to prove my love and commitment*, but let’s face it, the 4th doctor’s scarf is a little time consuming and overdone. Try this free Odd Ski Mask pattern from Lilana’s Art Boutique on Ravelry. You can make it with or without the translator orb or create a tiny brain of your own.
2. Keep your costume more subtle but still have a major impact with this free Harry Potter Double knit Scarf pattern from Karen Pritchard’s Ravelry Store. And what an impact! Look at this design!!! You are sure to be the envy of your fellow potterheads. I need a crochet version ASAP or should learn to knit… nah crochet version lol.
3. Aspiring to be the Mother of Dragons? Well Sue Caldwell has the perfect pattern for you with this knitted Khaleesi Shawlette.
4. Be Sherlock for a day or every day with this Sherlock Holmes deerstalker hat pattern from Nichelle van der Weide.
5. Turn your little one into the all knowing Yoda with this amazing pattern from Step-by-Step Patterns. The pattern goes all the way up to 12 months old.
6. Calling all Star Trek fans,the Vulcan Salute Mittens have arrived! The perfect mittens are designed by Amy at Confessions of a Woolaholic.
7. Get all the words from the One Ring around your neck with this 8″ by 80″ scarf pattern by Diana Stafford.
8. This Outlander inspired caplet can be made with both knit and crochet with this free pattern for Lion Brand. A whole line of patterns inspired by the series can be found on the website.
Viki Shaw says
So excited to finally see a real “Whovian” who also crochets! We’re all fans in this house. For my son’s 17th bday, he got a TARDIS bedroom (Tardis door, themed posters, blue walls, pandorica comforter, etc). He’s 19, but home from college on health leave. I met David Tennant last year at C2E2 (Chicago comics, entertainment). He was sweet. Matt Smith is there, & although I’d love to meet him, my hubs got me a diff bday gift this year, Bon Jovi (hopefully w/a bow on his head😉). DT was funny though. I told him he was my bday present & he said, “I don’t think I’ve ever been one of those before!” Oh, please! My son cosplayed him when he was 14 & girls swarmed to him. He had no idea what to do! No experience w/that yet! I do have to say that I’ve crocheted him a fez tp roll cover for his bathroom. Very cool. Anyway, love your work & hope to see more! Hey, can I ask what you picked for your Who tattoo?😊 Have a good day!
Elisabeth Desamour says
That’s so great! I actually had a whole Doctor Who themed guest bedroom at my old apartment. I’m thinking expanding it into the new home!
Viki Shaw says
You MUST include pics if you do! He has a Tardis on his BR door & “Tardis blue” is the paint color in his room. There are some great comics on his walls, signed, etc. But music & Dr. Who are the 2 themes he has the most of. Such fun!