Crochet Amigurimi with a Lessons
In this episode of the Deamour Designs Podcast, Elisabeth and special guest Annie from Anniegurumi have a conversation about how to use Amigurumi dolls as teaching tools for children. They talk about how these dolls help with understanding bullying, diversity, and that you can be whoever you want to be.
They also discussed the designing process of amigurumi and comment mistakes and how to fix them.
You can have a passion and not have the traditional, whatever talent, that people are scouting for, and just work and do your best. If you love what you do, you will find a way to make it work… If someone tells you you can’t do it because of the way that you look, the size that you are, the gender that you are, whatever culture you are from, it’s wrong.”Annie from Anniegurumi
0:15 Annie’s introduction
- Discussion of designing and selling work
- Annie’s journey with learning crochet and making Amigurumi to help comfort her son
- How to use Amigurumi dolls to educate the next generation on contemporary issues
32:36 Let’s talk about Amigurumi
- Japanese origin of being a knitted, plush toy
- Annie’s process of how she makes Amigurumi dolls with her son
- Selling patterns
- Explaining the story behind her rhinoceros doll and future aspirations
- Staying motivated throughout the continual trial and error phase of the design
56:15 Have you ever made extreme Amigurumi?
- Yes, a chubby bee!
59:45 Crochet Q & A
- How long does it usually take? It depends on the project.
- Any tips? Use a hook a half-size to a size lower than suggested by the yarn.
- Is there a right and wrong side? Yes!
- And more on stitch anatomy.
Follow Annie and Support her work!
Etsy Shop: www.etsy.com/shop/Anniegurumi
Watch the Episode!
And don’t forget!
To stay up to date with the podcast, like, subscribe, and hit the bell button to receive notifications for every new post: Desamour Designs
Join the private facebook group of fellow Desamour Designs makers from all around the world: Desamour Designs Group
Sign up for Emails: https://desamourdesigns.com/subscribe/