Bloom Collection: 4 Crochet Patterns perfect for spring
The Bloom Collection is a spring themed crochet collection centered around the work of Black makers within the community. I partnered with 3 fantastic crochet designers and 4 amazingly talented dyers to bring this you this collection perfect for the chilly mornings and warm days of spring.
The collection will be available until April 19th, 2021 after which point you will be able to purchase each pattern individually. In the meantime, you can enjoy the 4 patterns; 2 spring tops, 1 shawl and 1 wrap for just $16. That’s a $17 in savings!!!
Let’s me show you the beauties included in this collection!
Kenscoff Wrap with Champagne and Bouquets from @birchhollowfibers
I designed this wrap with yarn from Robin @birchhollowfibers. When Talia reached out to me about this collection, I knew who I wanted to work with! Robin’s yarns are simply beautiful and I think the world needs to see every single skein she puts out.
- 1004 yds|115 grams Phillis DK weight 100% superwash merino wool from Birch Hollow Fibers (Colorway used in sample: Champagne and Bouquets)
- Measuring tape
- Darning needle
- Stitch markers
- Hook: 5mm|H8
80 inches long and 20 inches wide (w/out fringe).
Zinnia Tee by Keysha @designsbykey with Sakura from Lola @thirdvaultyarns
• Bust– 30 (34, 38, 42, 46, 50, 54, 58, 62)”
• Length – 19.5(20, 20.5, 21, 22.5, 23, 23.5, 24, 24.5)
• XS (S, M, L, XL, 2XL, 3XL, 4XL, 5XL)
- Fingering weight yarn from Third Vault Yarns Approx. 1311- 2185 yards depending on size
- G/4.00 mm crochet hook or hook needed to obtain gauge
- Stitch Markers
- Tapestry Needle
Feathered Rain Sweater by Talia @taliacrochetcreations with Talia by @ancestral_fiber_co
An over-sized lace ensemble featuring boat neck and balloon sleeves, the Feathered Rain Sweater is a perfect piece for a casual elegant setting.
Finished Sizes: Size XS and (S, M, L, XL) (2X, 3X, 4X, 5X). Finished bust sizes 38 (42, 46, 50, 54) (58, 62, 66, 70)” / 96.5 (107, 117, 127, 137) (147, 157, 168, 178). Sweater is designed to be worn with up to 8-10”/20-25cm of positive ease
Level of Difficulty
- Ancestral Fiber Co. Heritage DK Weight 3 (100% Merino Wool, 246 yds/225m/100g/3.5oz) – Talia 4 (5, 5, 6, 6) (7, 7, 7, 8) skeins
- Alternative: Approximately 995 (1100, 1205, 1310, 1415) (1520, 1625, 1730, 1835) yards of DK/Light Worsted weight yarn to match gauge.
- 8mm hook or hook to match gauge below.
- 5mm hook
- Stitch Markers (Optional)
- Tape Measure
- Yarn Needle
Bud and Prickle Shawl by Whitney @whitneymarieanderson with Rose Milk by @gavriellamakes
The Bud and Prickle Shawl is a light and airy wardrobe staple. Inspired by rosebuds and prickly rose stems, the bobbles and picot stitches create a beautifully textured edge. The center and top edge of the shawl feature filet crochet, resulting in an elegant and eye-catching design.
• Yarn: fingering weight – 870 yards (796 meters) approx. 2 – 100g skeins.
• Hook: size 7 (4.5mm)
• Tapestry/yarn needle
• Ruler or gauge measurer
• Optional: Blocking mat and blocking pins.
Length x Depth = 72” x 18”
We want to keep supporting our dyers and if you pruchase yarn for this collection from any of our dyers, send any of us a scrennshot through Instagram and we will send you a special code for some extra discounts on this collection.
Don’t forget to favorite this pattern and upload your project to Ravelry!