In this Informative and intriguing episode, Elisabeth and special guest Shobha from Serendipitious Wool Co. explore the world of dying yarn and using different plants to create beautiful colors.
Elisabeth and Shobha also discuss in detail what it’s like to be BIPOC in the fiber community and what’s going on in today’s world.
I really, really love colors. I am so inspired when I see mother nature. It’s space. It’s the ocean. It’s books. It’s words. It’s poems.. I mean I see colors in poems you knowShobha
9:12 Pattern Alert!
- Elisabeth shows off a gorgeous pattern called the Gemini Triangle Scarf that you can find here
17:28 Being BIPOC in the Fiber Communtiy
- Elisabeth and Shobha both speak on what it is like being BIPOC in their community
- Touch on recent racially events and the responses it has generated
33:46 What Inspires Shobha to Dye?
- Gets inspired by mother nature such as space, the ocean, etc.
- Lots of inspiration everywhere around us!
39:05 Basic Rules of Dying 101
- Shobha teaches us how she personally does her yarn dying!
And Don’t Forget!
To stay up to date with the podcast subscribe and hit the bell button to receive notifications for every new post: Desamour Designs
Join the private facebook group of fellow Desamour Designs makers from all around the world: Desamour Designs Group
Sign Up for Emails: https://desamourdesigns.com/subscribe/
Shobha from Serendipitous Wool Co: https://www.serendipitouswool.com/